Thread: Mbam update ?

Exclamation Mbam update ?

For past 3 days I get a weird update number for MBAM

http://i40.tinypic.com/mh3dl0.jpg

Same case here. But what the problem with it?

They changed their update numbering scheme.

Source:

Btw I got a mail from them recently,
    PRODUCT RELEASE NEWS - 1.60 in BETA, are you ready?

We've coded, tested, and have eaten a massive amount of peanut M&Ms during the prep for this major release. We are so excited to get this out the door, and our testing is coming to a close. Consumer version for Free and PRO users will be out by the end of this year. Corporate version to follow in January. Take a look below for an exclusive first peek at what's inside!!

Chameleon - Yes, it's finally here. Cutting edge technology to get Malwarebytes running when blocked by infection. This is BIG.

Incremental Updates - One of the features we are asked about the most! Paid users will get to bask in the glory of incremental updates.

Password Protection - The ability to password protect key program settings is also frequently requested. We built it in! This is in Paid version only.

Less Error Messages - Improved reliability and performance of the update process has been included in this feature rich release!

Detection and removal engine enhancements - We can't say, just trust us on this one. We are constantly improving Malwarebytes to be the best!

More Awesomeness - the change log does not fit into the confines of this email. Please keep a lookout, 1.60 will make it's debut by year's end.
    You have to register at their forum to get the beta link.
    Last edited by Ashwin; 24-12-11 at 10:21 PM. Reason: added a better link

Thanks Ash.

I will wait for the final version. Like the features...

Would be nice to know if the new version will have a remedy for the slow scans especially with non-SSD users. With SSD Mbam is darn fast in scanning but with old platter drives and especially with the dual-core era systems it got slower...

Its not so slow. It scanned my 100gb system in 2hours thats faster than same avs.