Thread: Want to buy a graphic card

Want to buy a graphic card

HI ALL,
    Me and My Friend want to buy a Graphic card.We have short listed the cards to 4.They are:-

1-Radeon hd 6770
    2-Radeon hd 5670
    3-Nvidia GTS 450
    4-Nvidia Geforce GTX 550ti

All the above listed cards are 1 GB DDR5 .

Please help me in choosing me and my friend the best among these.
    My budget is lower than my friend.So please tell me on your experience which cards should we opt so that we don't require to change them for atleast next 3 years.

Which one is better manufacturer HIS or SAPPHIRE or ZOTAC ??

I want to buy FSP SAGA II 500 W.Please tell me one trustedwebsite from where i can purchase it with the lost possible rate.
    Also if you know any supply better than this one with the same price ,please mention it.

And at last:- one trusted website from where i can buy Graphic card online (as cheapest as possible)

Please reply to this Thread as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    niroop

I've used both ATI and nVIDIA graphics cards. Once I switched to nVIDIA I have never gone back to ATI. I prefer nVIDIA cards. They have all been reliable for me and their drivers are updated regularly and they have great resources like nvidia.com and GeForce.com.

Niroop you can buy from ebay.in or deltapage. in This are good. Go with nvidia as jeremy says.

OK, 1st things first. There is a Go-To for this sort of question at Tom's Hardware. Every month, there's an article about the best Graphic card for the $. The link for Dec 2011 is . The most important page for you is the last one where you'll find Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart .

Here is a resource to help you judge if a card is a good buy or not. The graphics card hierarchy chart groups graphics cards with similar overall performance levels into tiers. The top tier contains the highest-performing cards available and performance decreases as you go down the tiers from there.

You can use this hierarchy to compare the pricing between two cards, to see which one is a better deal, and also to determine if an upgrade is worthwhile. I don’t recommend upgrading your graphics card unless the replacement card is at least three tiers higher. Otherwise, the upgrade is somewhat parallel and you may not notice a worthwhile difference in performance.
    You're find their ranking is as follows:
    HD 6770 : 7th Tier
    GTX 550 Ti : 7th Tier
    GTS 450 : 8th Tier
    HD 5670 : 10th Tier

So, the 550 Ti & 6670 are about the same. And the 5670 is definitely a step below them.

So, the next question is what are you going to use it for? Gaming only? Multiple monitors? (nVidia's & ATI's desktop control apps have some differences)

If you need your GPU to do hardware assistance for like video encoding, then definitely go with nVidia Lots of apps have nVidia CUDA support but only a few apps currently do ATI Stream.

Once you have it narrowed down, then you can look at manufacturers. Personally, I first do research at NewEgg (user reviews) and then the forums at Tom's to double-check my conclusions. Hope this helps.

P.S. Newegg & Amazon are the online retailers I trust most. And Newegg frequently has sales.

RE: power supply ==> Buy the best quality PSU you can afford; it's the one thing you never want to cut corners on. A cheap power suppy can destroy an entire system.

Corsair, most Antecs and Seasonic are among the best out there. I took a very long time researching power supply models until I settled on a Corsair TX650. I really wanted a modular unit, but my budget wouldn't allow for modular + top quality.

is a great place to start researching power supplies.
    Last edited by jelson; 03-01-12 at 07:22 AM.

Jelson newegg and amazon wont do good as niroop lives in India. Niroop my best recommendation by it from a computer shop. Or ebay is your last resort and yeah delta pages is good too. OR ask one of your friends in Mumbai or Delhi to buy and parcel it to you.

Niroop, Please let us know what's your rest system config ie, processor, Mother Board, Ram,native monitor resolution, I know you are buying a FSP Saga 500W and what is the main purpose of buying a graphics card gaming, Graphics designing or something else.

If you want to buy a AMD Readon card go for , MSI, ASUS and for NVIDIA -MSI, ZOTAC(a bit costly as compare to MSI), ASUS.
    (Mumbai), (Delhi), (Chandigard) are trusted sites from where you can order easily.Send a email and conform the current price and availability before giving a final order.

PS . Don't buy XFX graphics cards they have very bad customer service in India, they are cheaper as compare to others and the RMA is with Rashi peripherals who whill make u cry while RMA .sometimes they send your faulty cards back.
    Last edited by fxarena; 06-01-12 at 05:41 AM.

Yes Rashi peripherals is a major dealer for Asus products. I do have rashi peripherals hardware depot near my home. I only noticed it after purchasing my mother board. Now they too are shutting shop here. But i dont know if Rashi has online ordering??. Niroop again when you buy please confirm if they provide shipping insurance for damages made during shipping. Secondly try flipkart.com, they have cash on delivery system too. Flipkart and ebay both provide travel insurance facility

Niroop let us know which one did u purchased .
    Last edited by fxarena; 24-01-12 at 11:07 PM.