Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Product of the year from av comparatives

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    And yeah jelson pcmag also does a good amount of testing. THe other good ones are ICSA Westcoast and VB100. to view vb100 test pappers you have to pay them though. Pcmag reviews appear fair but i still think in a way they are biased towards norton. The other goodsite is 7tutorials.com who give unbiased reviews at least i find so. And also he covers all the grounds in av testing.
    Thanks for the info avibky!

I've looked at PC Mag and I agree they're pretty good and agree about their bias for Norton. I think the point is they are skewing along the lines of their demographic (not PC enthusiast, but basic computer literate consumers with a corporate slant.)

Fact is, for most people -- you know, those who know only enough to do email and log onto Facebook -- I now point them toward Norton. It doesn't suck anymore (2001 - 2009 it was really lousy), been testing well (middle to top tier) and it's extremely simple with very few pop-ups. ==> suitable for Grandma

I'll have to look at 7tutorials. I've looked at VB100 before but not recently. Never had occasion to check out ICSA though.

Yes thats right norton is the best example of never give hope. The were suckers once but now are top. ITs true its grandma suited. Even kaspersky is pretty good until your grandma does not poke around the settings. They have reduced a lot of popup queries. But the biggest reducer is comodo IS. Comodo used to pop an alert for each n every thing but from the 5.6version its drasticly dropped. Just now one of my relatives got quickheal. They purchased through their isp so got it at a discount. They are pretty happy with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12