Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: IDM (Internet Download Manager) vs ?

We should avoid discussing things like how to use IDM beyond trial. We can switch to free alternatives like IDM just as I do. The licensing policy of IDm infact is new for me and perhaps should be changed.

No problem, Ashwin. I understand

So, what I said is right. Thanks for updating us Jelson

The summary of your observation seems quite unpopular info, jelson.

But did you guys notice that I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    If that is proven the case, then I am afraid almost everyone of us here who have IDM will have to bid farewell to the program after the license expires because I am sure the majority of us got IDM from giveaways.
    The text in bold should indicate there is at least someone who does not belong to the group. And who that could be? None other than I MYSELF!
    I obtained my key from translating IDM. And guess what? I looked into my IDM receipt. It was issued on 2009-12-24 so it is more than two years ago and yet it is still running fine even now. Either downloading or updating, everything OK! May be it is a special treat exclusive for me. Ha...ha...ha....

So, Happy Hunting for new IDM keys to you all!

And jelson, as long as you can afford it, I advise you'd better go with purchase. It is well worth the money. Or you may try out Mass Downloader from MetaProducts beforehand. It is cheaper and its renewal policy is based on major version release. However, Mass Downloader can't intercept download automatically like IDM does. And there is slight possibility it will be featured on Giveaway of the Day.

Thanks for the info Corker. Corker probably yoy have a luck lifetime license. enjoy.

corker, yeah... good advice. I'll end up purchasing a license for my new machine.

On this one (XP) I'll try an alternative.

Interesting thing was I HAD to uninstall IDM after it expired. Every time a page opened with a video on it... here came the popup box for entering a license key. VERY annoying.

And... everytime I download something I'm reminded of how convenient IDM makes downloading. No more, open Download folder, select, Move to and then navigate to proper folder.

IDM one year license means you can use and update during this year. And can't use after one year. It'll remind you in 5 days before your license expires.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234