Thread: Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview with Product key for free - Discussion

Smile Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview with Product key for free - Discussion

Few months back, we covered the launch of Windows 8 Developer Preview edition and how to install Windows 8 on your system. We also covered some of its top features* and what we should look forward to. Microsoft has now released Windows 8 Consumer preview edition and is available to everyone for download now. Unlike [...]

This seems to be a trending topic among many tech blogs and forums. I don't understand how people could get so pumped up with it. Personally, I am not interested in trying out Windows 8 whatsoever build. Not until I get myself a genuine key for its most stable and Final release.

I read somebody in a local forum had made reckless act. He sacrificed his genuine Windows 7 just to get a taste of Windows 8 Developer Preview. When he found out that it didn't meet his expectation, which should have been obvious, he couldn't go back to his former OS since it was an OEM. So he was forced to install pirated Windows 7 over the genuine one. Stupid!

You mean he did not have the OEM cd or he modded his bios?. Corker people are getting so pumped up as they are going for major changes. I hope it does not go vista way. In fact they are totally changing the concept of program windows after which Windows OSes were named. I think probably a buisness edition would crop up leaving out metro and giving the native desktop GUI. We still have no info on any enterprise editions or Server OS. I also feel that metro may become a premium gui like Aero was.

too much hype about Windows-8...just like Vista...

Why do they want to rush to Windows 8 when there is a perfectly good OS, Windows 7 ?

Didn't they learn their lesson with Vista's failure?