Thread: Folder Scout Standard free at BitsDuJour

Folder Scout Standard free at BitsDuJour

Just visit the promo page and complete the checkout to get your free license.

You will receive an email with the download link and the license code.

Ash are you busy cant see you nowadays.

Folder Scout is pretty good. It works otherwise compared to other jump folder applications like Listary in which you invoke the program from file manager. Here the file manager is called out by Folder Scout.

There was also a Folder Scout giveaway on Giveaway of the Day lately but getting the program form BitsDuJour allowing us to reinstall it anytime even after reinstalling Windows as long as we keep the setup.

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Folder Scout is pretty good. It works otherwise compared to other jump folder applications like Listary in which you invoke the program from file manager. Here the file manager is called out by Folder Scout.

There was also a Folder Scout giveaway on Giveaway of the Day lately but getting the program form BitsDuJour allowing us to reinstall it anytime even after reinstalling Windows as long as we keep the setup.
    Does it jump to the particular folder or just the partition where the folder is? Perhaps I should spend a little time reading the help file.

P.S: Bala, I replied to your question in another thread.

It gives you a several (if available) choices, it doesent jump anywhere by it self.. only if you double-click on the found item.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well, there is Disk Tree tab from which we can jump to particular folder defined by Find-As-You-Type manner. However, it can't be used to browse the files inside the folder. We have to explore them further by calling out any defined file manager. I set Folder Scout to work with XYplorer and it does so (but it also opens Directory Opus simultaneously as I assign DOpus to replace Windows Explorer).

Folder Scout can be very useful if you have thousands of folder on your PC. While Listary is only able to detect folder from recently visited list, FS can search any folders from paths we never go to before. This is because FS catalogs the folders on entire disks. And I love the Green Scout color scheme.
    Last edited by corker; 05-04-12 at 04:37 PM.

Can you please tel me how do you set it to work with XYplorer??
    I have XYplorer too, so..

edit: i got it working, i just didn't know that it was possible
    Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by video; 06-04-12 at 03:29 AM.