Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is someone using email client for Gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    POP will not sync read mails.

If i read an email on gmail, it will still show as unread in outlook, and vice-versa.

So went for IMAP

As far as know, this can be set in options, but not sure 100%. Need to check that.

No, not possible. That is how it works.
    I had researched before I went for outlook/IMAP:

There are two ways your devices and clients can communicate with Gmail:

1. A one-way communication path (). Your device asks us for data and pulls it from our servers -- but that's it. Things you do on your device have no effect on the server. If you read a message on your phone, then log in to Gmail, you will see that same message marked as unread. It may start to feel like Groundhog Day.

2. A two-way communication path (). Unlike with POP, your devices talk back to our servers and sync your changes automatically with IMAP. When you sign in to your Gmail account in a web browser, actions you've taken on your email client or mobile device (like putting a message in a 'work' folder) will also appear in Gmail (your message will already have a 'work' label on it). This all happens automatically once you set up IMAP, so you don't have to read or sort all your mail twice. This is really helpful when accessing Gmail from .

@Grr, Looks like its not possible.

You can't deliver imap mail to pst of your choosing, it needs to deliver to its own pst file. If you moved computers or created a new profile, you can't make an imap account use an old pst
    More Info here

OR

Perhaps it is possible. I am not sure as I am not using IMAP for my account.

Just checkout the link below and report here if it works.

Thanks Bro, will update here in a day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12