Thread: Windows 8 RC going to be released today ?

Windows 8 RC going to be released today ?

If we go by leaks, windows 8 RC is going to be released today.

How many of you is going to download it ?

Windows 8 Preview is released and is available for download now which includes Free Product Key

Good It has been released. Will see if I can try.

- - - Updated - - -

Avinash can you tell me how Aero is in Windows8. Can it be turned off?. Looking at the screenshots at various places like PC World and engadget I can still see transparency present in Windows 8.

More info here:-
    and at PC world

Aero is good and can be disabled. You wont find any difference between Aero of Windows 7 and Windows 8 though.

If you buy a qualified Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013, you may purchase a download of Windows 8 Pro at a special promotional price that varies by region.

Read more here:

According to Digit,
    Microsoft Corp. India Private Limited has announced a new Windows 8 upgrade offer for consumers who purchase a new laptop or desktop PC with a brand new copy of original Windows 7. If you buy a PC with original versions of Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional or Ultimate which includes a matching and valid OEM Certificate of Authenticity (COA), then Indian consumers are entitled to a downloadable upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for a price of just Rs. 699.

Source:

I have heard that there will be no Aero on windows 8. It will come with a more formal look

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I have heard that there will be no Aero on windows 8. It will come with a more formal look
    The latest edition of Windows 8 released 2 days back i.e Windows 8 Preview is still having Aero.

Attachment 480

I think its still there because MS doesn't want to reveal the final design. Its already decided that there will be no Aero on Windows 8. A quick google search on this might give you more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think its still there because MS doesn't want to reveal the final design. Its already decided that there will be no Aero on Windows 8. A quick google search on this might give you more info.

Yes I am aware of these announcements. But I am still not sure unless its gone in final version. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

May be they can bring something better with a new name, who knows.