Thread: System Imaging on UEFI based Windows 7 machine

System Imaging on UEFI based Windows 7 machine

Any one have any experience at all doing imaging on a Win7 machine with EUFI?

I've found out that Acronis TrueImage 2012 is still working on getting imaging on GPT disks it right.

Any pointers appreciated.

Till date I have never tried taking system Images of windows 7 machine. Hence unable to answer. Hopefully someone else does

Why dont you try the default Windows System Image tool.

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Why dont you try the default Windows System Image tool.
    A very good suggestion, avibky!

That's exactly what I eventually did earlier today.

Frankly I don't like it. But then I'm quite spoiled after using Acronis TrueImage.

However, I know that the WIB system image can be successfully restored on this laptop (according to Sony). So, there it is for now.

What I don't like about WIB (Windows Image Backup):

• Wouldn't let me backup the image to my friends external WD USB HD (it's FAT32, not NTFS)
    • Very limited configurablility (but that makes it simple and more useable for most people)
    • Windows does not want you to even view the folders the system image is stored in (I suspect it won't like it if I want to move it.)
    • Thru a back door method, I saw that there were a large number of files within the folders for the image, a single file that's location independent would make me happy.
    Last edited by jelson; 14-06-12 at 03:33 PM.

You have to adjust with it. OR like if its a gigabyte based Mobo you get XpressRecovery2. I dont know what you get on sony though. I know that all HCLS do have a system snapshot tool which takes your snapshot everytime you boot and deletes the old one.

What the he*l are UEFI and GPT?