Thread: Windows 8 launching in Oct 12, RTM coming in August

Windows 8 launching in Oct 12, RTM coming in August

The much awaited operating system from Microsoft, Windows 8 is going to be launched in October 12, while the Release to Manufacturing RTM of will be available in Augiust.

Microsoft's Tami Reller has announced that Windows 8 will Release to Manufacturing (RTM) in the first week on August, with a release in late October to retail stores. Speaking at the company's Worldwide Partner Conference in Canada, Reller revealed that the company is "on track" to finishing the final copy of Windows 8 in early August. General availability, when the software and devices are available in stores, is expected in late October according to Reller.
    SOURCE:

So October is the fixed month for Windows 8 launching?

Let's see.... My Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 subscription will be expired on October the 7th. Quite a good timing to do a fresh OS install. May be I will give a shot. If I like it, I will buy it. I have a genuine copy of Windows 7 to buy an upgrade which (said to be) only $39,99. If not, I am going to stay with Windows 7, at least for a moment while waiting bug fixes.