Thread: HP Pavillion DV4 Battery problem " consider replacing your battery"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HP Pavillion DV4 Battery problem " consider replacing your battery"

Got a email from one of the reader. Can you guys help him?

"

i own HP pavillion DV4 2106 tx.
    I am facing a problem related to my battery,

In battery notification area a red cross is blinking over battery icon and message is there "consider replacing your battery. there is a problem with your battery so your computer might shut down suddenly"

please help me as the battery back up has been reduced to only 30 minutes,earlier before i callibrated the battery it was more than 2 hrs.
    But still Hp support assistant shows battery health as 'GOOD'.

"

It would have been better if the reader has shared with us how old is the battery and when the problem started?

does it started after you calibrated the battery? If yes, we would like to know how you calibrated the laptop battery? used some tool or on your own?

Also, which operating system you are on? I am guessing it to be windows 7 as there are some issues of this kind faced by many users.

If the problem started after the calibration, it may be a result of bad or messed up calibration. If that is the case, you may need to calibrate again.

May be other members too can help him out.

my battery is 2 years old.Before callibration the backup was more than 2 hrs but suddenly after the callibration this message occured and backup reduced to 30 minutes.But still when checking battery health with HP support assistant the health is good.
    OS- windows 7 home premium
    Callibration process how i carried-
    First of all i charged the battery to 100% and then unplug the adapter from laptop, after that i used the laptop until it got switched off and after it was off, i kept the power button of laptop pressed for drainage of left battery power and then i removed the battery from laptop and again pressed the power button for few seconds. After 5 minutes i plugged the charger and i switch on the laptop.

After this message i callibrated again to resolve the problem but still problem resisted .

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer View Post
    my battery is 2 years old.Before callibration the backup was more than 2 hrs but suddenly after the callibration this message occured and backup reduced to 30 minutes.But still when checking battery health with HP support assistant the health is good.
    OS- windows 7 home premium
    Callibration process how i carried-
    First of all i charged the battery to 100% and then unplug the adapter from laptop, after that i used the laptop until it got switched off and after it was off, i kept the power button of laptop pressed for drainage of left battery power and then i removed the battery from laptop and again pressed the power button for few seconds. After 5 minutes i plugged the charger and i switch on the laptop.

After this message i callibrated again to resolve the problem but still problem resisted .
    Welcome to the forum

First we need to check if the battery and the laptop work properly.

To do that, you will need to get a different battery (from a friend, or a colleague, or at a service center) and plug it to the laptop.
    If it works fine then your old battery is faulty. Make sure that the battery works with another laptop before testing it.

Also, please check your adapter, a faulty one can damage the battery.

Have you chosen a power plan for your laptop? You can do so from the Control Panel.

A google search reveals that some HP laptops were affected by a False alarm by Windows. Here is a link to the page where I read about it:

Make sure that you have installed important updates for your OS.

Just try what Ashwin said in the reply above.

Apart from that, look at the following elaborate article which can help you fix it if its not a battery hardware issue.