Thread: Need some help with Sandboxie [SOLVED]

Need some help with Sandboxie [SOLVED]

I use 2 step verification for Gmail and it needs the cookies for "accounts.google.com" on the PC to allow access to my mail.
    If I delete the cookies, I have to use the Google Authenticator app and re-authenticate my computer. I have allowed ccleaner to skip the cookies for said site to avoid authenticating it often.

Now coming to the problem with Sandboxie, if I delete the Sandbox Contents it erases the cookies for Gmail as well and I have to reauthenticate it after every session. Grrrrr

I used to have the Delete command in Sandboxie for Ccleaner, i.e "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" /delete "%SANDBOX%"
    But it used to take ages to clean it, I am no longer using this command and use Sandboxie's default delete, I think its RMDIR.

Anyway to whitelist the cookes in Sandboxie? Or should I try adding Ccleaner's command to delete the sandbox? I am not sure if would keep the Gmail cookies though.

Issue solved: See Grr's post http://www.avinashtech.net/software-problems-troubleshooting/3814.htm#post21652
    Last edited by Ashwin; 25-10-12 at 10:06 AM.

@Ash

Not sure what the issue is at your end?

I just downloaded and installed sandboxie on my Windows 8 system. I need not authenticate every time for gmail login.

or this issue is arising out of some incompatibilities with some other programs like CCleaner? May be Grr can help unless I can duplicate the issue on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    @Ash

Not sure what the issue is at your end?

I just downloaded and installed sandboxie on my Windows 8 system. I need not authenticate every time for gmail login.

or this issue is arising out of some incompatibilities with some other programs like CCleaner? May be Grr can help unless I can duplicate the issue on my system.
    Delete the sandbox contents and relogin. It used to work fine, but now it deletes the authentication cookies too

Ash check this link

- - - Updated - - -

ok, found the specific setting in sandboxie to preserve cookies. Have a look below

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    Ash check this link

- - - Updated - - -

ok, found the specific setting in sandboxie to preserve cookies. Have a look below

Thanks Grr the 2nd link was useful Tested and it works.

Nice to know it worked for you.

Testing successful

This problem recurred for me after I had to refresh my Windows 8 install. Here are the steps that I followed to fix it.

The settings that I had to change in Sandboxie:

Open Sandboxie and click on Sandbox > DefaultBox > Sandbox Settings > Applications > Web Browser > FireFox

Add these two options and apply and close:

Allow direct access to Firefox cookies.
    Allow direct access to entire Firefox profile folder.

In Ccleaner, I use this command: (Options > Include > Add)
    C:\Sandbox\Ashwin\DefaultBox\*.*

File types: All file types
    Options: Include files and subfolders

Also make sure you have allowed Ccleaner to presrve the cookies for your google account. If not choose to add "accounts.google.com" under Cookies to keep.
    Last edited by Ashwin; 04-06-13 at 10:48 AM.