Quote Originally Posted by OldElmerFudd
Quote Originally Posted by PChammer

Another interesting security is RUbotted. What is it? It scans your pc for odd behavior and communication to see if your pc is part of a bot net. May be a great idea to try this one, I know i'm going to.

Happy spyware hunting
I tried RUbotted and wished I hadn't. Took a very long time to install on an XP Pro machine, and slowed normal functions down to an unbearable crawl. It even deleted my desktop wallpaper!
Had to boot into Safe Mode to run Revo Uninstaller, jv16 Power Tools, and CCleaner. Revo reported about 175 entries.

Dunno why it behaved like this, but I won't use it again. ymmv. imo.

Ron
Well, a couple of things Ron. First, it takes a bit to install due to updating the database when installing if you read correctly. Second, if the wallpaper disappeared, then you likely had a desktop hijack going on which is why it did. This scans dns among other things but is not like a typical anti virus so it's not going to remove things from your pc, it may work along side of the AV but it doesn't behave like it or go deleting files.

Also, you said it slowed your computer down, but you didn't state anything that may be on your computer already. You didn't say what your system specs are, you didn't mention what your hardware was. I scanned for entries and got nowhere near 175. Do you have a log of this? Revo keeps an uninstall log. XP is getting old and it's two OS's behind now. Things are taking more resources now and whatever hardware you have may not be able to keep up with it. Do you know if you have infections on your computer?

One more thing, I use this on every computer that comes in at our college with a 32 bit OS and never had this issue so I'm wondering why you did.

Ah well, sorry it didn't work for you but I didn't code it nor do I have any affiliations with it and it's worked great for most who use it. Did you think about contacting Trend Micro and asking them?

Paul