Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can you suggest a good premium antivrirus?

Been using Kaspersky 2010 and 2011 over the past year and I am going back to Norton IS 2011. Kaspersky is good in terms of detection and not too many false positives, but it can be very resource intensive. I've used Norton 2010 and Norton 2011 (Laptop) and it runs so much smoother than KIS. While virus detection with KIS is very good, so is NIS. Therefore I will go back to NIS simply because it's faster, less resource intensive, and pretty much the same detection rate. Thanks to a tip from another member, I was able to buy a brand new copy of NIS 2011 for $21 (1 PC). Too good of a price to pass up.

I used to be very anti-Norton and wouldn't use any of their products. But since NIS 2010 they have really stepped up their game. Thanks to a review from Avinashtech on Norton 360 v5, it seems it doesn't have as much user control as NIS 2011. I find NIS 2011 has plenty of user controllable options, at least for me, and in taking advice from the Avinashtech blog, I bought NIS 2011 over Norton 360.

In the end I think there are a lot of good AV products, I have tried a vast amount of them. Sometimes it comes down to personal preference when it comes to the top players. But regardless of AV you choose, just do some research and find out detection rates, false postitives, and user reviews like the ones here at Avinashtech and you'll find the one the suites your needs.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 27-03-11 at 07:23 AM.

Good luck Jeremy...

Ash my suggestion is Avg Internet security or Bitdefender
    Kaspersky is very good but does not remove threats completely

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Ash my suggestion is Avg Internet security or Bitdefender
    Kaspersky is very good but does not remove threats completely
    This is a very old thread. and if I remember correctly one of my first posts

I have used sevral AVs since posting this

Hi,
    To me Norton IS 2011 is the best. Its working faster than Kaspersky IS 2011. And.. i had some problems with older Kaspersky version - 2010. After I uninstalled it - i had to recover my WinXP registry files cause of some corruption and my OS stopped booting ;p It happened 2 times on 2 machines so i dont like KIS very much

Regards

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123