Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Process Lasso

Ha...ha... you know what, Jeremy?
    The maker of Process Lasso also named Jeremy (Collake). It came to my mind if you were the same person with him.

"NEW BETA SERIES - Version 4.1, now in beta stage development, offers some great new features. How about I/O prioritization for starters (default and current). Another innovative feature is our new core-optimization technologies. They set the default CPU affinity to only physical cores (ignoring logical cores on HyperThreaded systems). What this means is you can avoid the 'fake' cores that HyperThreading offers up to the scheduler. This helps performance of some applications, despite the Window CPU Scheduler's awareness of these fake cores as of XP. It simply can not make perfect predictions on how demanding the next time slice will be, so can't allocate the time slices perfectly. In many cases, it is simply better to just disable HyperThreading, as Microsoft themselves recommends in some Server Optimization. See for more info and references on HyperThreading and its impact."
    Often, I am having quite a hard time to understand the actual meanings of those features built into Process Lasso. Indeed, Process Lasso's GUI used to be said as being "too techie" itself.

I updated to the beta without realizing what I had done and every time I turned on my laptop the program crashed. I removed the software then while talking in the forum chatbox found out how you can turn off updates to not include beta versions. So if your getting the following popup now you know why.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2zf7ukp.png

Same here Mike. Although I haven't had any problems with the beta, when I received the message from Process Lasso that a new version was available, I downloaded it directly from the program's taskbar prompt (not from their website). I was extremely surprised and a bit frustrated that this "New Version" is actually just a beta. I believe they should only state there is a "New Version" available if it is actually a stable new version and not a beta.

Thank you Mike for the information that you can turn off Beta updates. Going do that now.

EDIT: Here is the funny thing. I opened Process Lasso to turn off the "Include Beta Updates Option" only to find out I already had it turned off, yet it still downloaded the Beta.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 09-05-11 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by corker View Post
    Ha...ha... you know what, Jeremy?
    The maker of Process Lasso also named Jeremy (Collake). It came to my mind if you were the same person with him.
    No, unfortunately I am not the maker of Process Lasso.

I already had it tuned off also Jeremy and it downloaded the beta but we did choose to download the update. Guess we better check what we are downloading next time.

Good idea. I guess I was too quick to download it when it said a new version was available. I cannot remember if it said the details of the download, but I'll take your advice and certainly be more careful next time.

How could the maker think about releasing the beta build for the next major version 5 even though the final version of Process Lasso 4.1 is not out yet?
    That seems like Mozilla Firefox perhaps. Luckily, the subscription for Process Lasso is time-based, not major version-based. But still, Jeremy Collake is an honest man so that it won't hurt anyone eventually.

My license no longer works after I had to reformat.

TheGame: If your license is still within 1 year validity, you can seek assistance from support of Bitsum Technologies. They are willing to help you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast