Thread: Not Booting from DVD-R/W

Not Booting from DVD-R/W

Hi All, I have LG DVD-R/W and P-IV (HP motherboard) system. When I boot from CD-ROM from setup. My DVD-R/W is not booting in HP motherboard system but show everything in my computer->DVD Drive. I have tried many bootable CD to boot but not succeed. When I used this DVD-R/W to another system it boot quickly and also when I used another CD-ROM to P-IV HP Machine it boots. So problem is that LG DVD-R/W is not booting with P-IV HP machine. So What I do to boot LG DVD-R/W with P-IV (HP motherboard) system?

Avinash Guest

Re: Not Booting from DVD-R/W

Quote Originally Posted by bkgzb
    Hi All, I have LG DVD-R/W and P-IV (HP motherboard) system. When I boot from CD-ROM from setup. My DVD-R/W is not booting in HP motherboard system but show everything in my computer->DVD Drive. I have tried many bootable CD to boot but not succeed. When I used this DVD-R/W to another system it boot quickly and also when I used another CD-ROM to P-IV HP Machine it boots. So problem is that LG DVD-R/W is not booting with P-IV HP machine. So What I do to boot LG DVD-R/W with P-IV (HP motherboard) system?
    Well, as far as i can figure it out, the issue may be :

1. Either your BIOS is not setup to boot from CD/DVD.( Pls. confirm if the CD/DVD drive is being detected and work properly when system is running)

2. Just check in BIOS setup, if the CD/DVD rom is properly detected and proper master / slave conditions are configured with it.

I don't see any other reason if other DVD drives work with the same machine and LG works with other machines.

@bkgzb ,
    I see same question being posted by you at Raymond too. I don't think Avinash will be having a issue with you posting same question here and there too, But may be guys at raymond may mind this.

Anyway, if your problem isn't solved, try posting the exact model number and hardware specifications here so that someone can try to help. But i don't think that would be required if your question description is correct.

Avinash Guest

@jaan

I don't have any issues if someone post a question here and same question anywhere else too. For me only thing that matters is, the problem of the member/reader should be solved either here or anywhere else by anyone.

Check if you have any yellow warning in device manager near your DVD drive name.

Right click on My computer - properties - Hardware - Device Manager, to view it.