Thread: Sound not working after downgrade to XP from windows 7 on HP G60 550CA Laptop

Smile Sound not working after downgrade to XP from windows 7 on HP G60 550CA Laptop

Well,

As many of you know, I got a HP G60 550CA laptop. Originally it had Windows 7 home premium installed. So all worked fine.

Just today, I downgraded it to windows XP and somehow was able to get almost all the drivers needed for it except the sound card drivers.

So sound is not working. As far as i know, it got a conexant Sound card. I have tried almost everything that is available using google, but nothing works. Any sugesstions?

Tried device doctor, but it does not detect unknown device and hence no use for me. I will update as and when something good happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Tried device doctor, but it does not detect unknown device and hence no use for me. I will update as and when something good happens.

Too bad it didnt work, I will keep looking for conexant drivers.

Finally, I am able to make it work. So how it happened?

I downloaded the driver for sound card for Windows 7 from HP website and just went thru its INF file to check out what exactly the sound card is. There I found, the sound card is

INF file for installing the Conexant Function Driver for Pebble High Definition Audio Device
    So my problem before was that I was searching for "Conexant High Definition Audio Device driver" and not "Conexant Function Driver for Pebble High Definition Audio Device".

This all made the difference and hence all the drivers were not working. So finally when i searched for Conexant Function Driver for Pebble High Definition Audio Device, I got a driver uploaded or modified by someone on Skydrive.

After Installing this driver manually and a reboot, all is working great. Thanks to the guy who uploaded it. It would be great if HP could make it officially available.
    Last edited by Avinash; 02-07-10 at 10:43 PM.

Glad that you finally have it working Avi

So finally the prayers were heard..

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post

So finally the prayers were heard..
    Yup. And thanx for prayers.