Thread: SpywareBlaster

SpywareBlaster

SpywareBlaster 4.4 has been released

Spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers are some of the fastest-growing threats on the Internet today.
    By simply browsing to a web page, you could find your computer to be the brand-new host of one of these unwanted fiends!

The most important step you can take is to secure your system. And SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.
    - Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
    - Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
    - Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.

SpywareBlaster can help keep your system spyware-free and secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web.

And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background.

SpywareBlaster is freeware for personal and educational use.

Changelog:
    - Improved browser detection
    - Tweaks to support for Windows XP/Vista/7
    - Fixes rare issues checking for updates via HTTPS servers
    - Improved enabling AutoUpdate on Windows XP Limited Accounts
    - Improved enabling AutoUpdate while running other security software that restricts permissions / blocks system changes
    - Improved AutoUpdate license entry
    - Numerous additional bug fixes, optimizations, and tweaks
    Last edited by Ashwin; 01-09-10 at 05:33 PM.

SpywareBlaster 4.6 has been released!

Prevent the installation of spyware, malware, and other potentially unwanted software!

SpywareBlaster works alongside your web browser and existing security setup, to provide a powerful multi-layered defense against the bad side of the web. No need to choose - keep your existing tools and your favorite software, and add on SpywareBlaster's complementary, no-nonsense protection.

Why SpywareBlaster?
    Spyware, adware, browser hijackers, and dialers are some of the most annoying and pervasive threats on the Internet today. By simply browsing a web page, you could find your computer to be the brand-new host of one of these unwanted fiends!

The most important step you can take is to secure your system.
    And SpywareBlaster is the most powerful protection program available.

Multi-Angle Protection
    Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware and other potentially unwanted programs.
    Block spying / tracking via cookies.
    Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted or dangerous web sites.

No-Nonsense Security
    SpywareBlaster can help keep your system secure, without interfering with the "good side" of the web. And unlike other programs, SpywareBlaster does not have to remain running in the background. It works alongside the programs you have to help secure your system.

New in this version:
    -Improved support for the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox.
    -Fixed rare updating issues.
    -Numerous other bug fixes, optimizations, and tweaks.

This 4.6 release provides enhanced protection, browser support, performance, and bug fixes.

SpywareBlaster is a free download.
    Download the latest version here:

System Requirements: Windows 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Vista, 7. (32 and 64-bit)

Like SpywareBlaster?
    Share SpywareBlaster on Facebook, Google Plus, and Twitter. Help protect your friends and family!

Upgrade to the full version
    Help us out, and automatically stay up-to-date, with SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate. Available for a low price, SpywareBlaster AutoUpdate automatically keeps you protected with the latest databases and access to the latest versions, along with priority technical support.

Thanks for the info Grr, I've it installed but I rarely update it :P

Thanks Grr. Could you use the quote button for the software description and change-log?
    We don't want people (or devs) complaining about copy/paste jobs. Just a request

@Cosme Nice avatar, is it Grr's photo?

Ash grr is a lion not a cat. LOL. Cosme is that video snippet from Simpsons or Family guy?

Quote Originally Posted by avibky View Post
    Ash grr is a lion not a cat. LOL. Cosme is that video snippet from Simpsons or Family guy?
    Grr is a kitten.

The animation is from the Simpsons. (Before anyone asks, let me say that I don't watch it.)

I love simpsons. Ash until i know a small child grows and becomes a big adult. From when did our lion start growing backwards. LOL. We are waiting for confirmation from grr's side. Ash have you personally tried spyware blaster? Does it have any proactive way of monitoring active-X and scripts. Thanks.
    Last edited by avibky; 10-02-12 at 09:23 PM.

I love simpsons. Ash until i know a small child grows and becomes a big adult. From when did our lion start growing backwards. LOL. We are waiting for confirmation from grr's side.
    Grr is like a cartoon. Ageless, cute little kitty .
    Ash have you personally tried spyware blaster? Does it have any proactive way of monitoring active-X and scripts. Thanks.
    I have been using it for a few years, it offers passive protection for different browsers. Yes it does block ActiveX scripts.

(That's why I said it would be better to highlight the features in the post by quoting them in tags.)

@Cosme Nice avatar, is it Grr's photo? http://cdn.avinashtech.net/images/smilies/heh.gif
    Maybe, is Grr a ?

Ashwin is right it's from .

lol...u guys....