Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Avast Internet Security Giveaway ( Facebook Promotion)

Same here, I also heard that the firewall is not very good. So all is good if I do not win.
    " Life is short, so make the best of it while you are here".

For those of you who would like to use it, I can offer you my license after the giveaway period from Avast ends. May be at forum, we may find more than 1 licenses of AVast which can be given away to those who need it.

Quote Originally Posted by davhag64 View Post
    Same here, I also heard that the firewall is not very good. So all is good if I do not win.
    " Life is short, so make the best of it while you are here".
    Is it possible that one can run Avast IS without the firewall, and just run another firewall instead? Or is Avast IS an all or nothing thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    For those of you who would like to use it, I can offer you my license after the giveaway period from Avast ends. May be at forum, we may find more than 1 licenses of AVast which can be given away to those who need it.
    Kaka,,,i agree..

Quote Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
    Is it possible that one can run Avast IS without the firewall, and just run another firewall instead? Or is Avast IS an all or nothing thing?
    @smudgie Sure you can. just while installing Avast IS, click Custom Installation and then Uncheck the firewall option and Install
    Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by Avinash View Post
    Nice gesture avinash but i must tell you sumthing that by doing so you will be making your email id public, coz that file(.avastlic) has your email id embedded in it.
    Btw you can do one thing open that file in notepad and copy the LicenseID and share it. I dnt know whether just the license id can be used for registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nice gesture avinash but i must tell you sumthing that by doing so you will be making your email id public, coz that file(.avastlic) has your email id embedded in it.
    Btw you can do one thing open that file in notepad and copy the LicenseID and share it. I dnt know whether just the license id can be used for registering.
    My email address is already public and available at blog's contact page.

editing the license file would render it corrupt......it is having a CRC check...

Quote Originally Posted by Grr View Post
    editing the license file would render it corrupt......it is having a CRC check...
    I am not asking to edit it i was just asking to post the LicenseID instead of the whole (.avastlic) file. But i am not sure whether it will work or not. Hvnt used avast so no idea of the registering options.

I am not asking to edit it i was just asking to post the LicenseID instead of the whole (.avastlic) file. But i am not sure whether it will work or not. Hvnt used avast so no idea of the registering options.
    nope, it wouldn't work..

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast